Saturday, March 21, 2009

Singapore Woman Award lives on...


The Singapore Woman Award is back again, and nominations are now open! 

I was surprised to hear about it on the radio - the familiar ring of those words. And I was pleased to learn too that it continues to celebrate the ordinary woman who has done extraordinary things. 

Of course, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness that it's now helmed by Channel NewsAsia and not Vanilla. But I guess if MediaCorp has decided to keep it going, and if another BU were to take over the Award, I'm glad it's Channal NewsAsia. So it's all good! *grin* 

I still remember going through the piles of nominations last year, reading what each nominator said about the special woman in his/her life, writing summaries for each nominee, meeting with the judges for the shortlisting process, and finally the Big Night itself where Molly Lee won. The memories are still fresh for me. 

I hope I get to attend this year's Singapore Woman Award ceremony. Or better yet, to interview the new winner on The Living Room. Let's try to lend our support still, girls! 

No comments: