Thursday, April 9, 2009

Finally A Face!

I loved reading Ee Waun's food column in Vanilla. Some of her stories were heartwarming, others made me laugh out loud (like the one about setting fire to the school's Home Econs room!). 

I'd text or email her to tell her, and she'd reply with a virtual chuckle. And that was how it was for months. In some strange way, I felt like I knew Ee Waun - through her writing - but we've never met.

Until two nights ago. 

Capella Singapore, the new 6-star property on Sentosa, had an exclusive media dinner this past Wednesday and I wItalicent with a colleague. It was free seating, so we settled ourselves at this table of strangers. Conversation was free-flowing, engaging, and I enjoyed myself tremendously. 

It was only when the lucky draw segment came along at the end of the evening, and her name was read out that my jaw dropped. Omg, Ee Waun and I were sitting at the same table! *gasp* I'm not sure why we didn't introduce ourselves earlier... 

Pam & Ee Waun @ Capella Hotel: We sat at same table & didn't know it!

So that's how Ee Waun and I finally met. And now that we are friends, Ee Waun, SHARE  YOUR PRIZE!!! *grin* 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh, capella! I only managed to see the aerial pix and artist impression but it looks lovely! I wish I could afford a wedding there! haha