Friday, September 26, 2008

Start of Something New

I'm clearing leave these 2 days. Being at home isn't too good for an energiser bunny like me. :(

I miss the sense of purpose, being on Vanilla. Each month, we brainstorm as a team. We share about things that excite us - be it amazing women we've found, or cool new spots, or travel... I'm serious, we truly love Vanilla!

I remember one day, Shaan said from out of the blue: "Vanilla is really the best magazine."

I looked up and stared at her for a moment, with raised eyebrow. "Sorry?" I said.

"Vanilla is really the best magazine," Shaan repeats. She's dead serious. "There's nothing else like it."

I had to smile. Because I felt exactly the same way.

Vanilla is a labour of love. I wouldn't be lying if I said I would work on those cover stories and cover features for free. It never feels like work.

So having to let go of this amazing product that I love and believe in is - to say the least - painful. It's so much a part of me that it feels like tearing something out fibre by fibre, nerve by nerve.

BUT we are all Vanilla women after all.

Like our Oct cover feature "Lost and Found", I learnt that yes, we may have lost something precious, but this can open a door to something unexpectedly good (I wouldn't say better). It's not the end of the world.

Isn't life all about being open to possibilities, grabbing them with both hands, giving ourselves 100% to them, and living out our purpose, wherever we are called? =)

As our Oct cover girl puts it, Carpe Diem! Sieze the day.

I believe that if the modern Singapore woman wants a Vanilla voice, something new will rise from the rubble again. And soon.

2 comments:

Threez said...

Yes! Carpe Diem! Praying for you sweetie - may all your gifts and talents find even greater fulfilment at NewsRadio! :D

Shaan Moledina said...

and i still think i'm not biased coz i thought it was the best way before i started writing for the magazine.