Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Theresa clears her cubicle



I hate packing.

I feel like I've been packing, clearing, cleaning for 4 years.

It began with my parents' HDB maisonette -- nearly 40 years of memories (and quite a few not-quite-vintage, definitely-spoilt gadgets). It took me 1 year to clear out that flat, clean it up, and finally sell it.

Then my husband and I bought a new house after selling our apartment so we can house his parents and our brood. More packing, more storage, more clearing.

And now, just as we are about to move into our new place, I'm packing at home, and I'm packing at work.

There is, suddenly, great poetry in "living out of a suitcase". I confess I'm tempted.

Thanks Jenn (sweetheart designer) for moving my (mere) 3, neatly packed boxes upstairs to our new (much, much smaller and much, much noisier) abode.




5 comments:

Shaan Moledina said...

Walked past your cubicle today - it looks so empty and lifeless without your clutter...

Threez said...

Hey you and me and Jenn and Ad and Alvin and Cas will have PLENTY of clutter upstairs and you can walk by ANYTIME, babe... :)

Pam said...

Teach me how to upload photos! :(

I am such a tech dinosaur... and I'm YOUNGER than you! :O

Pam said...

Teach me how to upload photos! :(

I am such a tech dinosaur... and I'm YOUNGER than you! :O

Pam said...

Teach me how to upload photos! :(

I am such a tech dinosaur... and I'm YOUNGER than you! :O