Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Stroke of Insight

I studied Psychology for 6 years, and I remember being fascinated by how the human brain works -- the actual physical brain.

When my friend Adrian (he's this really smart guy doing his PhD) pointed me to this website www.TED.com, I checked it out cos to be honest, it was a boring Saturday afternoon and I had nothing better to do.

But TED is this amazing website that features inspiring speakers in various fields, sharing ideas that are... well, worth sharing!

Anyway, I chanced upon this woman psychiatrist called Jill Bolte Taylor who - at the age of 37 - suffered a stroke.

Imagine, a brain scientist who had a chance to study the phenomenon from the "inside", and recount the experience step by step. Compelling!

The best part is that Jill is very expressive, funny, and in touch with her emotions in a very "Mother Nature" sort of way. So she would re-enact the whole experience in vivid detail. I have to tell you -- she made me laugh and cry!

Why I am blogging about this?

Because at the end, it's about her discovery of what humans are capable of in creating a better world. And in my book, that's "VV". [refer to Threez's code]

So without spoiling the fun for you, here's the link: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Threez said...

Woah, yeah -- my next aim in life is to get to a Ted Conference! :) (if I could score a Springsteen concert along the way, that would be the Ultimate!)