Friday, October 3, 2008

Desperately Seeking... Writing

It's funny. Now that writing is "taken away" from me, I feel the sudden compulsion to write - about everything.

Other than contributing to this blog, and starting my own personal blog, I've started to keep a journal again.

I carry this red journal in my bag everywhere I go - like in the old days - and if I have a few moments, I write.



I used to journal regularly for years. Well, until I became a full-time writer. Then it stopped. But now that I've stopped writing, the journalling has come back.

It tells me one thing: Writing is, and always will be, my natural choice for self-expression.

If there is anything I want to say, to put out there, it flows most naturally through the written word. And somehow, writing will find a way to bob up to the surface, even if I try to press it down like a beach ball in an ocean.

So what does it say about me being a... er, radio presenter then??? Hmm.

Don't forget me if you have interesting story ideas or writing projects... I will write for FREE.

2 comments:

Threez said...

ON! You can do my advertorials for free! :)

I know how you feel. That's why I started this blog - I knew we'd this feeling our "right arm" has been chopped off...

how about we continue to feature women worth the Vanilla exposure here?

I was thinking of asking Fan to continue that as a labour of love- working with real women...

Pam said...

YES! I would love to continue writing about VV women. Hmm, I would so love to continue writing. Period. :T

How about Shaan? Would she still wanna continue her Cool Scoops and Off the Beaten Track here too? I miss 'em. And of course Ee Waun's food ramblings...

I don't know about advertorials, Threez. I love to write, but not enuf to write advertorials....... :P