Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sponsor a teen girl to watch a teen play!



Remember July cover girls Valerie & Kheng Hua shared about their upcoming teen musical "It's My Life!"? Well, time flies man and tickets are already on sale ~ through Gratecrash (www.gatecrash.com.sg).

Musical debuts 27 Nov, and the Vanilla cover girls are thinking of going together cos there's a group discount if we can get 10 pax. So far, we have 6. Anyone interested to go? [Followers of this blog can also join us! You're most welcomed!]

Val & Kheng will meet us after the musical, so I think it will be fun! We can all have supper together nearby! =P

Anyway, Hai-Yen is thinking of bringing the teen girls from Andrew & Grace Home (www.aghome.org.sg) to watch the musical, and we thought it might be a good idea to "sponsor" a girl each. Group discounted ticket costs only $21.

Anyone keen to join me to sponsor a teen girl to watch the play? :) I think it will be a very moving & powerful experience for them... and it may even open possibilities for them. Who knows?

"It's My Life!" is done entirely by teens and for teens. And the amazing thing is that the kids share their own real-life personal stories, struggles, hopes, fears, dreams... through song. I think Corrinne May contributed a song too! ;P



So if you'd like to (1) go watch the musical, (2) sponsor a teen girl from Andrew & Grace Home, or (3) both..... let me know. I will gladly help coordinate.

I think it will be fun if we ALL went together! :D A Vanilla outing... Shall we? Shall we? Followers of this blog are welcomed too!

3 comments:

D! said...

PAM!!!

ME! ME! ME!!!

Erm when are you girls going???

I wanna sponsor a teen too but i got my own teen mentee.. Hmm okie i'll sponsor my girl so that makes 2 of us!

DATE PLEAAASEEEE!

^^Diane^^

Pam said...

hey chocolate buddy! you have a teen mentee?! how come? ... ok, so I "chope" 2 tickets for you? ;-)

D! said...

OK! but i'll only be back on 30 Nov.

YES I HAVE A MENTEE!!!:) I'm in a mentoring programme with MCYS attach to a girl that just got out from the girls home...:)

i'm trying to gain some practically exp for my future and also i find myself drawn to such works. unfortunately it doesnt pay or else sure go full time!

^^Diane^^